Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Wonderful Folk Album


This coming Saturday night in the sleepy Village of Amherst WI. I'll have another chance to see (and hear) one of my all-time favorites - Michael P. Smith. Michael has been to Central Wisconsin 3 times in the last couple of years, and he never fails to please. Michael is best known for his signature song, The Dutchman. I've blogged about him before, but this time I am reminded of the great CD: Fourtold, which he recorded with Steve Gillette (Of Darcy Farrow fame) Cindy Mangsen, and Ann Hills.


Fourtold seamlessly blends these 4 incredible talents, yet allows each group member to showcase their unique voices and musicianship. I've seen Steve & Cindy on more than one occasion, and always try to catch them anytime they are in the area. You can order Fourtold at http://www.compassrosemusic.com/ It's a dandy!

No comments: