Tuesday, June 02, 2015

EAGLES THEN AND NOW

It's been almost 45 years since I've seen the Eagles live.  Actually they weren't even the Eagles yet.  Don Henley and Glen Frey were Linda Ronstad's backup band when I saw her at the Quiet Knight in Chicago after her breakup with the Stone Ponies.  Not long after that those two fellas joined up with Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner and "America's Band"was formed.  But I was on to them early and saw them open for Yes before they got really big.

Now decades later I will see them ALL again at a concert in Green Bay, WI!  The History of The Eagles Tour  includes Leadon along with the current lineup that features Timothy B. Schmidt and Joe Walsh.

Now I'm not a concert goer much anymore.  But the seats are comp (in a luxury suite) along with a hotel room for the night.  So this is gonna be really cool!

No comments: