Monday, May 03, 2010

Goodbye Boomer of Shimek




My best friend's best friend went to The Rainbow Bridge 5/1/10. Boomer was almost thirteen. As a hopeless dog lover myself I know what a loss this means to Wayne. There's a big hole in his heart. And while it is easy to say Boomer was a "special dog"...he indeed was.

I use to call him Mister Boom-box because of his deep, loud bark. A friendlier fellow you couldn't find anywhere. If you were petting him, and stopped he'd put his snoot under your hand to remind you that you weren't done yet.

The last time I saw him was a trip to Iowa and Wayne I took him on his morning walk (in the rain) through the countryside where he could be off-leash. Boomer was the recipient of a lot of love during his time here, and he gave a disproportionate amount back...dogs always do. He will be sorely missed because he touched so many. Ann and I have made a donation to the Humane Society of Portage County in his memory. Rest in peace big yellow dog..

No comments: