Tuesday, February 02, 2010

FINDING FRANK PETRICCA!

Frank Petricca's facebook picture

Yet another lost Whitsuntide Singer has been located thanks to Facebook!  Frank Petricca was our base player.  Frank was (and I'm assuming still is) a remarkable musician who I think was somewhat stiffled backing up a "folk group".  But when Frank joined TWS the group was transitioning into a folk-rock ensemble anyway, with a style somewhat akin to Spanky & Our Gang.


I think Frank and I "overlapped" in the group for about a year or more.  As previously posted on this tribute blog I was (and still am) a stubborn traditionalist.  And while that's maybe admirable now, back then it was the kiss of death for a musical group...as the genre was changing.  I left the group with no ill feelings, and from what I gather The Whitsuntide Singers improved musically by replacing me with a very accomplished guitar player.  I also am pretty sure there was less beer consumed at rehersals as well.


Now if we could only re-connect with Denny Preston (besides Lenny) he and I spent the most time together in the group after he was recruited to replace Bill Kolachek.  Alas, Denny might still be mad at me for painting his car with house paint back in 1965 (even the windows).

No comments: