Monday, July 27, 2009

Nick Reynolds Birthday


I was reminded that this is Nick Reynolds birthday. Loosing Nick last fall was a huge jolt to friends and fans alike. I humbly submit I fall somewhere in between. As posted at the time of his passing, I got to share the stage with he and John Stewart back in 2003 at Kingston Trio Fantasy Camp.


It was a frozen moment to sing with two-thirds of the legendary group that revived folk music and made the genre mainstream. It might be time to revisit "those thrilling days of yesteryear" on DVD. I first met Nick back in the early 1990's up in Bayfield at Big Top Chautauqua. He was roaming around Allan Shaw's CD tent using a cane, the result of hip surgery as I recall. That conversation was brief, but very cordial as Nick was always a disarming and approachable gentleman.


Years later in Scottsdale his wry sense of humor on display, Nick engaged the "campers" every chance he got. You couldn't help but love the man. And many, many people still do...


Happy Birthday Nick!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very poignant, for me, listening to that version of Where Have All the Flowers Gone tonight. - Eileen