Friday, August 06, 2010

Claudia Russell and the Folk Unlimited Orchestra

Last evening I drove over to Green Bay to see my good friends Claudia, Bruce, and Mark play a concert at the Botanical Gardens. It was a magical setting for a terrific show. There was a wonderful crowd of about 200-300 people, none of whom had ever seen her before. Claudia's soul hangs on the sleeve of every song she sings. From my vantage point in a gazeebo (that we used as the "green room") I watched a sea of smiling faces, of a totally engaged audience, absorbed in the moment and the music. Towards dusk the mosquitoes came out as the Folk unlimited Orchestra finished their second set. A few friends were going out with the band to a Mexican Restaurant, but with night falling I reluctantly hit the highway for the 2 hour trip home. But I'm sure glad I went!


No comments: