Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot"

As I prepare to usher out 2009 I want to acknowledge that through this blog I have reconnected with four old friends I haven't been in contact with in nearly forty years!  (Thank you Al Gore for inventing the Internet). 

Some months ago I heard from Don Chapman who had Googled himself and turned up here.  Don was a roommate at one time during my crazy single days.  You can read more about him in the "Waylon Jennings and Me" post.


(Me, Marssie, and Tom)

Early this Fall Marssie Mencotti, songstress from The Whitsuntide Singers (pictured above) surfed onto the website.  I traveled to Chicago and had dinner (a few Guinesses) with her and her partner Tom earlier this month.  Marssie put me in touch with Lenny Dwelle, another original member of the Folk group.  It has been a wonderful experience to re-kindle those friendships.

Most recently I heard from Gail Farrand, a former girl friend with whom I had some terrific times stretching from Illinois, across Wisconsin and into Minnesota. 

In each instance it's been really neat reminding each other of songs, events, and experiences that have been long forgotten since the sixties and early 70's.

Happy New Year to old friends renewed!

No comments: