Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Great Christmas CD

As I begin to load the CD player with Christmas music I thought I'd recommend a great album you may not be familiar with.  American Noel is by Dave Carter & Tracy Grammer.  I discovered it a year or so ago.  It is a 2007 release and it has become a special favorite.  It contains Coventry Carol, a song I' have loved since I first heard it on the Allen-Ward Trio album 40 years ago!


The graphic on the cover shows a dog gazing up at the Christmas star.  This is (I assume) because part of the proceeds of the sale goes towards and supports the Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society.  You can order it at: www.tracygrammer.com  there is still time before Christmas, you won't be sorry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've rarely not liked new music you've picked my friend! Although Tracy is not new music to our ears, I'm always looking for Christmas music to add to my collection which dates back to 60+ years ago on 78 vinyl. I ordered this today! Ranger Wayne