Thursday, August 27, 2009

Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream


No, not the classic Ed McCurdy song, but a real dream about a "reunion" show with The Whitsuntide Singers. I don't know about anybody else, but I tend to almost always have vivid dreams after eating any tomato based meal. From lasagna to pizza, boom!...a doozy of a dream.


The concert was to be held in the conference room at my office, don't ask me why. It's a dream! Marci Bernard was the first to show up. She looked remarkably the same as in the late sixties but with some gray hair. I was there practicing on my Martin D-18 (the one with the repaired hole in the side due to a banjo/guitar collision). We began rehearsing "Rider" while we waited for the other two group members to show up. When Lenny Dwelle "appeared" he handed me his business card, don't ask me why. It's a dream!


Next the audience began to file in. Turns out it's made of my board of directors! Still no Denny Preston (he must still live in Elmhurst). So on with the show, and with a wink and a smile Marci starts us out..."I know you rider gonna miss me when I'm gone" and then I woke up....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Encore! Encore!!! :) That's what I'd have said if I'd a been there. -Eileen

Dave Schipper said...

pictures?

Unknown said...

It's marssie here or as you spelled it, Marci. I've had that dream a few times.

Tom said...

Marssie as in Marssie Bernardini???OMG! (as the young folks say)I'm gob-smacked!