Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wil Maring & Robert Bowlin Show


Here's hoping we get a decent crowd on a "school night" for Wil and Robert. At least they had a good day to travel from Door County on down to Stevens Point. I think we've done as good a job as we could on publicity. WNPR's Simply Folk played Saint Anne's Reel and announced the Wisconsin tour dates and locations. WUSP played commercials free before being bought out a week or so ago. Thanks to Dave Green for that. Also the local papers have had articles in them as late as this morning.


A bunch of friends are coming to the show and I will have a little "meet & greet" this afternoon before we head over to the hotel for the show. This should be a fun evening!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We may have been few in quantity, but Wil herself agreed that we were mighty in quality. Tom Barrett, you put on a mighty fine meet and greet, Will and Robert put on an excellent show, we came, we heard, we bought the cds, and most importantly, as I told Wil when we said good night, she has friends in central WI now. - Eileen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review, Eileen. I appreciate Tom coming to their rescue and helping find a venue. - Jared

Anonymous said...

I hope things went well for Wil and Robert in Middleton Friday night. Wondering if Robert found the guitar store Tom told him about. Hope they had a chance to enjoy the ambiance of Madison a little. Sure enjoyed meeting them and listening to their music and so glad to be able to keep listening to them on the cds I bought. I wrote about them on my myspace page tonight, http://www.myspace.com/eileenlucasbooks.

Anonymous said...

About 26 people I hear. Robert glued the guitar back together.